Search the Register
How to search the Register
If you are unsure how to search or didn’t get the results you were expecting, the following information may help you:
- Search using a first name, surname, county of employment or Social Care Wales registration number (SCR number) if you know it. The number should look like this W/1234567
- You do not need to enter information in all sections to search
- Individuals are registered by the name they are known as at work. For example if someone called Angela is normally known as ‘Angie’, try using both names to search for the person
- When entering a person’s first or second name in the search box, do not add a space after the name
- A search may show more than one result for example a search for ‘Robert’ will show ‘Robert’, ‘Roberts’ and ‘Robertson’ as these names all include the word ‘Robert’.
If a person you search for does not appear on the Register, this may mean they are not currently registered with Social Care Wales. You should also check the individuals that have been removed from Register list.
If a person’s name appears on the Register but it says they are suspended, this means they are not currently permitted to work in the social care sector in Wales. The Register will show the period of the suspension.
If a person’s name appears in the individuals that have been removed from Register list, this means they have been removed from the Register as a result of concerns about their fitness to practise and cannot carry on working in their registered role.
List of people who have been removed from the Register
The people in this list have had their names removed from the Register by a Fitness to Practise Panel by a removal order or a removal by agreement. This means that the people in this list cannot work in a registered role in Wales due to impairment of their fitness to practise.
Removal order - this order means that a Fitness to Practise Panel has decided to remove a person’s name from the Register. The reasons for the removal can be found by clicking the link in the persons information which will take you to the hearings website page.
Removal by agreement -this means the registered person’s name has been taken off the Register after they have accepted that their fitness to practise is impaired and their removal is agreed by a Fitness to Practise Panel.The reasons for the removal can be found by clicking the link in the persons information which takes you to the hearings website page.
If you think that someone is working in a role where registration with us is required but they don’t seem to be on the Register or if you have any other query, please contact us emailing email@example.com
See a list from or website of the roles where registration with us is required.